Two Entry Options Are Available:
BSN to DNP
Just over 3 years to completion
2 years to completion
Must be MSN-PNP
Expand Your Scope through a Dual-Track PNP Program
Prepare for a role as a pediatric nurse practitioner in both primary and acute environments, which gives you advanced knowledge and a wide range of opportunities.
Clinical Placement Services
At Baylor University’s Louis Herrington School of Nursing, we strongly believe in setting our students up for success. That's why we provide clinical sites and preceptors for all graduate-level clinical rotations. We also know clinical placement sites may be potential locations for future employment opportunities upon graduation. If you already have a placement site or preceptor in mind, we encourage you to refer them to our placement team to secure. Download the DNP-PNP brochure for more information.
The online DNP-PNP program offers primary and acute tracks to prepare versatile, specialized nursing professionals for a variety of care environments. The advanced curriculum focuses on primary healthcare needs of children and adolescents, utilizing patient-and-family centered care within the context of the family unit, and complex acute, critical, or chronic illness for pediatric patients.
- NUR 5305 Advanced Pediatric Health Care Management I: Primary Care
- NUR 5307 Advanced Pediatric Health Care Management II: Acute and Common Health Needs
- NUR 6309 Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner I
Download your DNP-PNP program guide
The Future for Pediatric Nurse Practitioners
Become an innovative nurse leader and a holistic caregiver who can shape the future of healthcare. Baylor nurses stand out and exceed expectations by connecting academic excellence with spiritual growth.
Need for Pediatric Care
Approximately one million children have no access to a pediatrician:
- Specifically, in lower-income and rural areas
- A majority of FNPs report their total pediatric population to be less than 25%
- Only 8% of PNPs are certified to provide acute care, yet 22% report practicing in inpatient settings
- Chronic illness among children has increased by 400% since 1960
Schedule An Appointment