Program Features At-A-Glance
Admissions Requirements At-A-Glance
The online DNP-ENL program allows you to learn while you continue to lead in your current role.
- Stand out at your organization as a proven nurse leader and practice scholar.
- Develop advanced business acumen and leadership skills to transform hospitals and/or healthcare systems.
- Continue to work while enrolled in a 100 percent online program with no required campus visits.
- Gain advanced knowledge while creating a network of colleagues and mentors.
- Earn your Doctor of Nursing Practice degree from the Louise Herrington School of Nursing, ranked 41st in U.S. News & World Report’s 2020 Best Graduate Schools.
There are a few requirements for admission to the DNP-ENL program:
- Master of Science in Nursing
- (or) Bachelor of Science in Nursing with master’s in non-nursing health-related field (for example, MHA, MPH, MBA) and certified in executive nursing practice (AONE, ANCC)
- Unencumbered RN license
- A total GPA of 3.0 or above
- Graduate level statistics and research methods courses
- Two years of nursing administration experience within the last five years
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
NUR 6302 Resource Attainment and Allocation (foundational course)
Examine advanced business principles and skills that are critical to strategically obtaining and allocating financial and human resources. Learn how to operationalize resources for current and future care delivery models.
NUR 6307 Strategic Economic and Financial Concepts
Analyze current trends in healthcare economics and their impact on organizational financial practices. Obtain hands-on experience (i.e., practicum hour with business executives) to develop specific skills and knowledge to effectively respond to changing economic and financial expectations, and improve stakeholder perception of nursing’s value to the organization.
NUR 6306 Creating Excellence in Professional Practice Environments
Prepare to strategically envision and design structures and processes that will advance excellence in professional nursing practice. Learn how to develop and sustain a practice environment that promotes optimal outcomes for patients, nurses and organizations.
For featured courses and their descriptions, please download the program guide.
Baylor’s online DNP executive leadership curriculum is centered on the Adams Influence Model (AIM), a framework for nurse leaders. AIM connects the factors, attributes and processes of influence — essential for attaining stakeholder buy-in and implementing organizational change. It can help you use your skills and knowledge to reach new heights in your professional life.
Opportunities for nurse executives are increasing exponentially. Enroll in Baylor’s reputable online DNP executive leadership program to demonstrate your potential and address pressing needs.
- Join a rapidly expanding field in one of the fastest growing industries. Employment of medical and health services managers is projected to grow 20 percent from 2016 to 2026.
- Increase your earning potential: The average salary for a nurse executive is $131,000 (Payscale.com).
- Use new skills to tap the limitless potential of data analytics and improve outcomes.
- Gain a thorough understanding of business and healthcare models to put patient care first.
- Harness out-of-control costs to providers and patients.
Put your advanced understanding of leadership and business to use in various roles.
- Vice President of Nursing
- Chief Nursing Officer
- Chief Nursing Executive
In an ever-changing landscape that relies heavily on our business and political economies, your background and expertise has never been more essential to our nation’s continued success. Learn more about the DNP-ENL program today.