Baylor University is proud to provide Clinical Placement Support Services for the Online Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) - Family Nurse Practitioner, Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, Nurse-Midwifery, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, and Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner tracks, as well as the Distance ABSN program.
Our goal is to collaborate with you in finding high-quality clinical placement options to help you apply newly gained knowledge, values, and skills from the classroom into the field. This allows you to focus on your coursework and being prepared and equipped to be a change agent in your field.
Committed To You
As an Online DNP or Distance ABSN student, you will collaborate with a Clinical Placement Coordinator on securing a clinical site and preceptor for all clinical rotations. These Coordinators will:
- Provide a nuanced assessment of your professional goals to identify a preceptor and an ideal work environment in your local area (e.g. hospitals, community clinics, or private practice).
- Work closely with you to identify academic areas of interest and connect you with clinical expertise that is the best fit for your area of study.
- Prepare you prior to the practicum by providing a realistic idea of the work that you will be doing and ensuring that you are ready to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
The Clinical Placement Coordinators act as facilitators and the primary point of contact for you in the placement cycle. They are responsible for all field/clinical placement matters, including:
- Document/Clearance Requirements
- Student Relocation Compliance
- Site Assessments & Communications
- Tech Support