Grow a Thriving Practice as a DNP Family Nurse Practitioner
The online DNP-Family Nurse Practitioner program track focuses on developing nurses as holistic caregivers through an advanced curriculum that includes an in-depth study of pathophysiology, assessment, informatics, pharmacology, healthcare policy and business, ethics, epidemiology and servant leadership.
- NUR 5211: Servant Leadership
- NURS 5316: Transforming Health Care Organizations and Changing Outcomes
- NUR 5356: Family Healthcare Management II
There are many factors building momentum for change in nursing education at the graduate level; they include:
- The rapid expansion of knowledge underlying practice
- Increased complexity of patient care
- National concerns about the quality of care and patient safety
- Shortages of nursing personnel, which demands a higher level of preparation for leaders who can design and assess care
- Shortages of doctorally prepared nursing faculty
- Increasing educational requirements
The Doctor of Nursing Practice online program is designed as a direct response to these changes and represents the evolution of advanced practice nursing education. As graduates, Baylor DNP Family Nurse Practitioners are firmly ahead of the changing standards for advanced practice nursing.
As a Baylor nurse and a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP-FNP), graduates are truly prepared as holistic and autonomous advanced practice nurses.
- They are able to innovate, think critically and create change as visionary and exemplary nursing leaders.
- Upon successful completion of the course of study, graduates will be eligible to sit for national Family Nurse Practitioner certification examinations offered by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP). The program of study conforms to the education guidelines from the State of Texas and the National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties (NONPF).
- They are thought leaders who are thoroughly prepared for functional leadership and independent practice in their area of specialty.
- Students have the option to complete a DNP project abroad and participate in international research and missions with graduate faculty.